Tuesday, October 14, 2014

What's for Dinner?

Day 14

Mike and I did some running around yesterday afternoon and came home hungry...but I hadn't planned anything for dinner.  What could I make that was quick?

How about soup?!  It was a cool cloudy perfect day for soup.  We had everything we needed at home so I just had to throw it all in a pot.  I used THIS recipe, but changed it up a bit to use what I had.


TACO SOUP

I had a mix of ground beef & sausage cooked and in the freezer, so I used that.  I love cooking extra and freezing a portion for later.  It makes it so easy to throw a quick dinner together.

1 1/4 lbs ground beef/sausage or turkey
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
28 oz diced tomatoes
1 8 oz can green chiles
14.5 oz beef broth
chili powder to taste (recipe said 1T, but I just sprinkled a bit in)
1 t cumin
3/4 t paprika
1/4 t oregano
1 1/2 T dry ranch dressing mix
salt and pepper to taste
14 oz can corn
14.5 oz can black beans
14.5 oz can kidney beans

Cook brown beef with onion.  Add everything else, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.  We put tortilla chips in the bottom of our bowls, then topped the soup with sour cream, cheddar cheese and green onion.

For more of my 31 Days of HOME, click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment