Saturday, October 4, 2014

Just Peachy

Day 4 


Last week I was busy canning peaches.  

{Wow, what a mess.  A bigger kitchen would be awesome for this kind of stuff!}

I'd already made some peach salsa.  YUM!

We went out to a farm a week ago and bought more peaches.  What to do with them??  Peach jam?  Oh no!  I didn't have enough sugar!  Got Mike to run out to the store with me for sugar.


Oops, forgot I wanted to do SPICED peach jam!  While the first jars were in the canner I added the spices to what was left of the jam.  


I still had SO many peaches.  How about peach pie filling?  Oh no! I didn't have lemon juice.  It was getting late, so I just sliced the peaches and waited until morning to run to the store again.  I did manage to get several bags of peaches in the freezer.  We'll use those later for smoothies.  Pancakes.  Muffins.  ???


I finally got the lemon juice and I was able to make the pie filling.  I think I could have used a lot more peaches for the filling.  It might be better for peach crisp or cobbler than for a pie.  It is good though.  I had a bit left and tried it on ice cream!


Now I've got to work on reorganizing the pantry for all these jars.  Next up, apples and tomatoes.  NOT together.  Eww.

Linking up to Simple Saturdays

For more of my 31 Days of HOME, click HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment