Thursday, May 30, 2013

Backyard

Last week for Alphabe-Thursday I showed you my craft area.  This week I'm going to show you a bit of my Backyard.  Maybe with this round I can take you on a house tour??  We'll see.  For now, a few pictures of our backyard in progress.

Since the weather has been nicer, we've been spending more time out back.  We still have A LOT of work to do, but here's where we're at now.  

{This is the shed.  The kids croquet set they got at a yard sale for $5.  My step ladder and collection of vintage enamelware pots.  The garden is to the right.}

{This is the flowerbed in the backyard.  We've only been in the house for a year, so all of the plants were already here.  We're waiting to see what everything is before we make it our own.  My parents bought me the shepherd's hook and hanging flowers.  I'm going to hang a bird feeder they made from the top.}

{Here's the bike I "planted" last year...She's waiting for more flowers to overflow from the basket.  I have no idea what that big bushy thing next to the bike is - Anyone??  I'm pretty sure last year it had some pretty purple flowers...At least I think it's the same plant!!}

{And here's our garden.  I put in all the bricks.  Yes, I know they're crooked, but that's ok.  I got them all from the border the previous owner had around the back of the garden.  You can see it in the right of the picture.  The bricks were about 4 high.  Now the border is about 2 bricks high.  Hopefully the wildflowers I planted will come up in the long skinny row next to the grass.  In the rest of the garden we're hoping for carrots, cucumbers, zucchini and tomatoes.  We DID, in fact, plant seeds.  We're not just hoping they'll sprout from the ground totally on their own.  :) We've still got to weed the far end, but we like what we've done so far.}

For more on the letter B, visit Jenny Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday.  I'm going to go tackle the craft area!!!
Also linking up to Sunny Simple Life's From the Farm Blog Hop.

3 comments:

  1. Looking good. I cant wait to have a yard to do a garden. I love love the bike. Thanks for showing us around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it missy! What a cute idea to make the enamalware into planters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so orderly and well planned! You've made a great start.

    ReplyDelete