Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Fall Wreath on the Cheap

It was early(ish) Sunday morning and I wanted a fall wreath for my front door.  I didn't want to have to spend any money and didn't feel like going anywhere anyway.  So...I made this. 

I had an 18" wreath form that had just been sitting around.

I got out some paper lunch bags, cut them open and crinkled them up.  Then I just wrapped them (3 of them) around the wreath and wrapped some twine around that.  I made little "branches" with a 4th bag, then cut leaves from scrapbook paper and glued those on.  As I was walking to the door with it, I found the orange ribbon on the floor!  It belongs to one of the girls and I have to give it back after I take the wreath down! 

So, this thing cost me nothing and I can take it apart later and use the form for something else!  (like Christmas!)

(If we weren't renting this house, I would paint the front door....black or red or???)







Linking up to the Nesting Place "You Made a Wreath out of What?" Wreath Party.

1 comment:

  1. Simply and elegant. You are truly creative and I thank you for sharing it.
    Btw, I would choose red for the door!

    ReplyDelete