Friday, July 22, 2011

Disney Flashback Friday

I thought, since I love Disney, it would be fun to join Sarah, at Magical Days with the Mouse, for her new Disney Flashback Friday. 



My parents probably have some older pictures (I'll get them when I'm home next week), but for today, I'll go back as far as I can. 

Disneyland. 
Summer. 
1989. 

I worked as a "Cast Member" in the shops on Main Street.  Main Street East, I believe.  These two pictures were taken at the souvenir stand on the right just after you come through the tunnel into the park.





I worked in most of the other shops as well.  I filled in one night for a girl who worked in the Market House.  I was working with another girl who was also filling in.  Neither of us had ever worked there.  We couldn't find prices for things like, hot tea or pickles...so we had to make them up!  Shh....don't tell anyone!

Splash Mountain was finished during the summer of 1989 and all the cast members recieved these:





Since I'm from Oregon, I didn't know anyone in California that didn't already work at Disneyland, so I never used the pass.  My then boyfriend (now husband!) visited after my "summer" was over (I'm a quitter and didn't last the whole summer.) and we visited the park together.  Even rode Splash Mountain twice...and waited in line for TWO hours!  Our kids think we're crazy!  They think 20 minutes is a long time! 

Here are Mike and I on the Skyway to Fantasyland.  I miss that ride. 
(Hey, nice tank top!)




Be sure to visit Disney Flashback Friday for more!

6 comments:

  1. Wowwwww. Great flashback!! I miss the skyway so much too. I wish I had photos of it, but if I do I have no clue where they are. Thanks for sharing that Splash Mountain stuff. SO neat to see that today!! Wow great flashback!! Thanks for joining, and I hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome flashback!! LOL the things we did before we had kids! Now we can never wait 2 hours in one line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pics, they tell a great story . That is so funny about making up the prices on the tea and pickles. It must have been fun working there..
    I'm your newest follower.

    Diane @http://candoitmom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the flashback. I would love to work at the park sometime

    ReplyDelete
  5. What neat pictures! Thsi sounds like a really fun time in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to have worked at Disney :o) And that is so great to have those photos and memories that you share with your hubby!

    Blessings & Aloha!
    Thank you again for stopping by! I emailed you with some info...would love to hear what you might be interested in. :o)

    ReplyDelete