Monday, May 16, 2011

White Sands National Monument

Joey's class went on a field trip to White Sands National Monument last week and I went along. It was a very hot day and the sun was blinding, but the kids had a blast. I'd like to go back and do a little exploring, but would not want to stay as long as the kids did on their field trip. TOO long in the sun! I'd love to go back for a sunset stroll. Here are some pics from Joey's visit.

Joey's at the top of the dune somewhere. The kids just went up and down the dune all day!



This is at the top of the dune looking out over the other side. You can't really tell, but it goes down on the other side as well. (Right behind Joey)

This is one of the many parking/picnic areas.


I like how this signs tells you to drive "into the heart of the dunes" if you want to go play. It really felt like we drove out in to the heart of the dunes. It took 15/20 minutes to drive from the park entrance out to where the kids played.

This is where I'd like to go next time. No sand in my shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment