Saturday, May 14, 2011

My Bicycle Planter

I finally "planted" my bike! I attached a little enamel strainer (I bought it from the same guy I bought the bike from) to the back and filled that and the front basket with dirt, then flowers. Some white petunias and some purslane for now, but maybe something else later depending on whether or not these fill in. I'm hoping for the purslane to spill over the basket, but we'll see.




I would LOVE to "plant" this door behind the bike and hang two lanterns from the top corners, but the wind here NEVER STOPS! It would blow right over.

Here are some more of my enamel pots sitting on an old ladder on the back patio. I love the look of those old pots.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this turned out perfectly. Love the way the 'basket' looks. Could you drill into the wall with a masonry bit and sink two eyebolts in about 3/4 of the way up the door? Then you could put eyebolts on the back of the door and wire them together?

    ReplyDelete