Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Baking Friday and Cooking Tuesday

I didn't post it Friday, but I had another Food Friday! I was just too busy. I baked and cleaned all day (With tons of help from my oldest daughter - Thanks, Taylor!!). We were having company Saturday night and I wanted to get the baking out of the way.
I made Betty Crocker's Brownie Goodie Bars. They are SO good, but SO rich! Taylor thought I should cut the bars in half cuz she didn't think everyone would be able to eat a whole one. We cut them in half and everyone had at least two - sometimes three or four!! They. Are. GOOD! I love Betty Crocker!

BROWNIE GOODIE BARS

1 box (1 lb 6.5 oz) Betty Crocker® Original Supreme brownie mix
Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
1 container (1 lb) Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
3/4 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
3 cups crisp rice cereal
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray or shortening. (For easier cutting, line pan with foil, then grease foil on bottom only of pan.)
2. Make and bake brownies as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan, using water, oil and eggs. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
3. Frost brownies with frosting. Sprinkle with peanuts; refrigerate while making cereal mixture.
4. Measure cereal into large bowl; set aside. In 1-quart saucepan, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly. Pour over cereal in bowl, stirring until evenly coated. Spread over frosted brownies. Cool completely before cutting, about 1 hour. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Follow High Altitude directions for 13x9-inch pan on brownie mix box





Today (Tuesday) we're cooking. Not in the kitchen though - It's Joey that's cooking. Poor guy has a bit of a fever and just feels out of it. I snapped this picture of him laying on the floor earlier. Our pipes run under the floor and there are warm spots all over the house. We can usually find the dog laying on one of the spots, but this morning I found Joey.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, little Joey looks so chilly!!! :( I hope he feels better soon!!!

    Those brownie bars look to die for!!! Yummmmo!!!

    ReplyDelete