Wednesday, November 18, 2009

RaNdOm Thoughts and Christmas Decorating

Do you ever have so many thoughts running around in your head that you don't know where to begin? I have so much going on in my tiny brain and I don't know what to do first! I've spent way too much time on the computer today. I've managed to clean two bathrooms and do a little laundry, but not much else.

I'm thinking about Thanksgiving. It's a WEEK from tomorrow! I'm a little bummed cuz we're not having it at home. We're having Thanksgiving dinner potluck style at church. Not sure how I feel about that. I don't even know what I'm going to make. The GOOD thing about it is we get so see some GOOD friends that are coming down from Germany! Yay!

I made Thanksgiving cards for each family that's signed up to come to the dinner. (They turned out pretty cool too!) I was thinking about making mini loaves of banana bread to give each family too. I'm just nice like that. Or should I say stupid - I KNOW I'm going to wait till the last minute to bake the banana bread and I'm going to feel stressed having to make a turkey and dessert and sides for a dinner I don't want to go to in the first place!

I'm thinking about Christmas. We're going to America! Target! Starbucks! Costco! Doorknobs and closets! (No, really! We DON'T have those here!) I'm thinking that I better get off this stupid computer and start figuring out Christmas gifts. It's almost Thanksgiving for crying out loud! I should have started this shopping thing MONTHS ago! What do the kids want? What do we get our nieces and nephews? (Oh, cool, I just noticed I have a spell check here on Blogger! See. RANDOM! This is how my brain is working today!) We're getting family pictures done - WHAT will we wear? Should I buy clothes here or wait till we get to America? Should we shop for our kids now and bring everything in our luggage? Or wait till we get to America? Should we go to Disneyland? Should we this? Should we that?

I'm thinking about the Christmas program 4 of my 5 kids will be in just 3 days before we leave. I somehow volunteered myself to help with costumes. By help, I mean make 16 of them! Aaagh! I have to alter a few too. I have one sitting in my sewing area right now. It calls my name everytime I walk by. I do not stop. I have too many other things going on in my brain to sit down and fix cowboy Tex's vest and shirt!

I've been trying to crochet. I finished my second little scarf today. It's really cool, if I do say so myself. I'd show you if it wasn't upstairs. I don't feel like going up that long flight of stairs to take a picture. I was just up there letting the dog out. I HAD to let her out. I didn't want her puking up I-Don't-Know-WHAT on the floor. AGAIN! Ewwww! Anyway, the scarves. I really like them. They're skinny and kind of ruffly. I have a red one and a white one and I can wear them together. I wonder if anyone else would think they're cool? I could make them for Christmas gifts. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks they're cool? They're pretty quick, but my thumb is starting to hurt. I imagine this is what Nintendo Thumb might feel like. Really, Nintendo Thumb is real. I've read about it. You can Google it.

I'm thinking about my oldest son's birthday. He'll be 18 in January! 18!!!! WHERE has the time gone? Is he going to want a big party? Is he going to want to go somewhere? Maybe MOM should stop thinking about it and ask him.

I'm thinking a LITTLE about MY birthday. In February I turn, gulp, 40! 40!!!! Again, WHERE has the time gone?! I DO want to have a party. An 80's party!! I can shop for party stuff in AMERICA!

The title of this post says something about Christmas Decorating. I guess I should stop rambling and show you some of that. We decorated WAY early this year. All my friends thought I was crazy, but now they are all getting out their stuff too!

Ok, I will keep you waiting no longer. Here, our Christmas House, 2009.
















1 comment:

  1. your home looks so cozy warm!!! And I just L-O-V-E that cake pedistal!!!!!

    ReplyDelete