Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Spider

We decided on a theme for our Halloween this year.

SPIDERS!

My girls and I (well, one of them) have been saving all kinds of things on Pinterest.  We have costume ideas (I've actually started mine already!), party food ideas and decoration ideas.  We're going to invite a few people over.  We'll eat, the kids can go trick-or-treating and the adults can pass out candy.

We've been buying decorations here and there, but I'd love to make as much as we can.  I don't want to spend a lot of money if we're going to do something different next year.

I had a couple blank canvases laying around so I decided to do something with one of them.

I printed this spider a couple weeks ago and had it sitting on my desk waiting to start this project.  It scared me every time I sat down!


I ripped up some newspaper and used gel medium to adhere it to the canvas.


  I painted over it with Gesso.


I left a little of the print showing.


I cut the spider out of black card stock.


I used the gel medium again to adhere the spider and the words "itsy bitsy spider".  I used my Faber Castill marker to create a shadow of sorts around the spider and the words.


Maybe I'll make another with my second canvas.


For more of the letter "S", visit Jenny Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday

1 comment: