Thursday, September 27, 2012

Seekonk and Scrapbooking

Have you ever heard of Seekonk, MA?  Me either!  That is, not until I signed up for a Cool Crops Scrapbooking event.  It took place earlier this month and it was SO much fun!  I got to go away for a couple days and spend time with 100 or so other women who love scrapbooking....And I mean LOVE scrapbooking!

This is the ballroom we were in.  I couldn't believe the amount of stuff some of these women brought along!

It was a great weekend away.  I actually got some scrapbooking done (yay!), made some change-of-address cards, took some classes, made new friends and met old friends.  --I met my friend, Kristen, for the FIRST time!  We first "met" online about 10 years ago and have kept in touch through message boards, Facebook and snail mail.  It was so great to actually meet her in person...and her mom and a bunch of her crazy scrapping friends!  I hope to make it to another Cool Crops event in the near future!

Here is a canvas I made in one of the classes.  I'd LOVE to make another one!  It was tons of fun.



Linking up to Jenny Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday.

6 comments:

  1. Kristen is the BEST! Rumor has it that my brother may be relocating to Boston...if that happens, we three are gonna HAVE to hang out!!! Glad to see you're settling in and creating stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting - I never really knew about scrapbooking until I moved to the US. Looks like fun! But right now I would not have the time.

    Saying 'hello' via Alphabe- Thursday - mine for letter 'S' @ ImagesByCW is about Sandy Hook & Seaside Park

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your canvas! The scrapbooking event looks and sounds like such fun! How great that you finally got to meet a long time friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have been in heaven! I would love to go to one of the those. FUN! Beautiful painting, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. that sounds like a lot of fun. glad you were able to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This would really be fun to do!

    I think I'd be overwhelmed, though.

    Your painting is really splendid.

    Love the color and composition!

    Thank you for linking.

    A+

    ReplyDelete