I found these Better Homes & Gardens lamps at WalMart in the clearance section last fall. I don't think I even paid $5.00 each. Pretty good deal!
After I found the lamps, I was on the look out for shades. I found these ugly things at a thrift store for $1.00 each. I thought they were old - They looked to me like something you'd find in a 60's ranch house. Turns out they sell them new - At WalMart. They are also Better Homes & Gardens!
I decided to rip the shades/liners off and paint them black. (I guess I didn't get pictures of that part) The shades were glued on well, so it took a while!
I also needed the harps to hold the shades to the lamps. I found these (BH&G) at WalMart. I think they cost more than the lamps!
I sprayed the lamps red and the shades and harps black.
Since the tops and bottoms of the shades were going to show, I decided to wrap them in black grosgrain ribbon.
Here you can see I've started tying the scraps of fabric on.
I cut strips of fabric (about 1 inch wide) from a bunch of red, black and white fabric I had. I just started tying the strips to the shade until I had this:
I'll wait and finish the second lamp after we move. I may want to put it in a different spot and add more color to it.
Linking up to -
Brassy Apple - Make it Monday