Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Good Day

February 10.  My birthday.  I had a good day. 

Mike and I went to a new (to us) thrift store.  I bought a book - Fitting in as a New Service Wife - I know Mike is now retired from the service, but it was written in 1966 and I thought it might be kind of funny.

We ate lunch at Memories Restaurant.  It sits in an old house.  Our food was quite tasty.

Mike's turkey ?club? on a croissant with baked potato soup.

My Monte Cristo sandwich (Weird, but good smothered in swiss cheese sauce) with sweet potato fries. 

After lunch we walked around "Beautiful Historic Downtown" Alamogordo. 
Alamogordo, New Mexico

It didn't take long. 
We stopped in another new (to us) thrift store - We didn't find anything fun there.
We went in True Value Hardware.  I want a new fridge and stove! 
On the way back to the car we stopped and said hi to Wild Bill.  He wears a cowboy hat, has a long white beard, makes & sells furniture out of logs, he carves stuff, he has a cute dog and a cat in the store and he sells coffee.  Nice guy. 

We came home, then Mike turned around to go do a little shopping.  Presents?  Pick up a birthday cake??  While he was gone I surfed the net and found this cute Albino Donkey for sale. 
Albino Donkey in Alamogordo
He won't buy it for me...but said I could buy it myself.  Hmmmm...

We had Pasta Carbonara for dinner.  Made mostly by Mike and it was gooooood!


I opened presents - Clothes, jewelry, a new KitchenAid mixer - Yay!  (I've got to clear a space for it in the kitchen so I can use it!!)
I got to talk to Zac. 
We had cake and ice cream

 and watched Gnomeo and Juliet
And...I fell asleep.  Before 8:00pm.  (Good movie though!) 

It was a good day.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good day! Thanks for taking us along via blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birthday dinner and lunch looked really yummy! Next time we are in Alamogordo we should go to Memories Restaurant for lunch! I like the albino donkey too - have you bought it yet?
    Love - Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had the perfect birthday!! You deserved it!

    ReplyDelete