Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pasta Carbonara & Bruschetta

I found this pasta recipe a few weeks ago and finally tried it.  Yummy...Made us feel like we were back in Italy!

Pasta Carbonara

7 oz Italian Pancetta (I used less cuz I'm cheap & only wanted to buy one package!  We found the pancetta a bit salty, so using less was ok for us.)
4 eggs  (1 whole & 3 yolks)
3 oz Pecorino Romano Cheese or Parmigiano  (I used the Romano)
2 T extra virgin Olive Oil
salt & freshly milled black pepper 
1 lb thick spaghetti (I use Penne or Farfalle cuz the kids like it better)

Cook pasta as directed.  Meanwhile, cut the pancetta into small cubes or strips.  Fry in the oil until slightly crisp, then remove from heat and let cool.

In a bowl beat the 4 eggs along with the cheese, a pinch of salt and pepper.

Add the pancetta to the egg & cheese mixture.


Drain the pasta.


Mix with pancetta/cheese mixture and ENJOY!


For the bruschetta, I sliced a baguette and put it under the broiler.  I turned the slices over so both sides were browned.  When that was done, I cut a garlic clove and rubbed it on each slice of bread. 


I mixed a little olive oil, a little garlic, some sliced cherry tomatoes and a little basil for the topping.  It would have been better with fresh basil and some nicer tomatoes, but it was good.  I didn't measure, so you'll just have to do it to taste. 


This is all making me kind of hungry!  But I already had dinner...Guess I'll go eat the banana pudding Taylor and I just made!  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment