Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cottonwood Festival

Labor Day Weekend marked the 21st annual Cottonwood Fesitval of Alamogordo, NM.  Believe it or not I can't find much information to share with you about this HUGE event!  You'd think with a town as big as this (Population 35,757) there would be info all over the internet!  I kid. 

Anyway, the Cottonwood Festival is where we were this Labor Day.  We walked through the booths of local crafts.  I think we saw Miss New Mexico.  We saw some local seniors dance.  We saw a lot of dogs.  We sampled food and we even saw a few kids, um, lose their lunch.

One of the yummy foods we sampled were the Twisted Taters. 
AKA Ribbon Fries or
Big Ropin' Taters.

{Is it a fry?  Or a chip?  I don't know, but it's pretty darned good!}

There was BBQ everywhere.

{My favorite here is actually their berry cobbler.  Oh yum!}

As gross as this trailer looks, you know we had to try it! 
Mike had a burrito - too spicy for me.

The FUNnel cake with powdered sugar and caramel sauce was delicious...though a BIT greasy!

The Fried Snickers bar was my favorite!

Here's a look at the carnival.






Crazy boy decided he wanted to ride THIS.



Can you believe my kids have never been to a carnival or fair?  At least, not that they remember.  We really need to get out more!

1 comment: