Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Junk Journaling - Vacation Journal

I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos on junk journaling lately.  It's scrapbooking, but not as neat.  One of my favorite YouTubers is The ReBookery.  She's fun and she's messy, but her albums still come out looking great!  She makes her albums from old books and fills them with lots of vintage goodies.  I like it!  I've made albums from old books and I've made albums from scratch.  I've stitched books together and I've used binder rings. 

I made this book from a cereal box, an old leather jacket and random scrapbook papers.  I filled it with photos and ephemera from a couple trips I took last year.  I had three different sections in it, but that made the book too big, so I removed one of the signatures.  (I'm even learning new things!)  It works a lot better, but now I have three empty holes down the side of my album.




The first section of the book is all about a trip we took out to the West Coast in August/September.  It's full of photos, tickets, menus, postcards, stickers.  All kinds of fun stuff.


The second part of the book is all about a day trip to New York my daughter and I did back in October.  This section is mostly photos, but I used a New York themed scrapbook paper set.





These books are a lot of fun to make.  I think I like making these mini albums better than the standard large scrapbook.

I am linking up with:
Sunny Simple Life

No comments:

Post a Comment