Thursday, March 26, 2015

Scramble

We interrupt this blog post to bring you two missing letters - "Q" and "R".



If you love instant mashed potatoes, then this dish is for you.  If you don't, then maybe not so much.

Here is what I would have made for "R" if I'd had more than 10 raisins!



****And now, back to "S"****

Grandma and grandpa ALWAYS had this at their house when we went to visit.  It's not a new {to me} recipe, but it was one of my favorite things to snack on at their house growing up.  They had it in tins all over the house.

SCRAMBLE - A recipe from grandma's collection


I found these in the collection of recipes.  Grandpa liked to keep track of the price of ingredients through the years.

1980 & 1984

1988

1994

Here is what I paid this week.
2015




I remember it being more flavorful - Maybe grandma went a little nuts with the Worcestershire Sauce??  It's good though and it certainly brings back memories.

Linking up to Jenny Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday




1 comment:

  1. My grandparents made lists of prices, too, and they made their own version of Sramble. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete