Thursday, February 26, 2015

OH yum! Lemon Bars

We're on the letter "O", but I can't find an "O" recipe.  Since I missed "L" I'm going to cheat a little and go back.  I'm going with lemon bars.  Not something I usually make, but I have all the ingredients and I think they sound good.  I just hope I'm not the only one in the family that likes them or I WILL eat them all!

LEMON BARS - A recipe from grandma's collection



I wasn't so sure about these at first.  The crust seemed VERY dry.


It ended up working out, so I poured the 2nd layer over.


Then came the glaze.


I think they were best the next day.


The bottom layer ended up tasting a bit like short bread.  I think I'll be making these again!

Linking up to Jenny Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday

6 comments:

  1. They look and sound yummy. The recipe looks easy to do. I like easy recipes and I looooove lemon. The tarter, the better.
    The View from the Top of the Ladder

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I think I should make those sometime too! Did the kids like them? Dad always has said he isn't that crazy about lemon so I'd have to make them for someone else!.....Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks yummy, and I have a lot of extra eggs right now. Sounds like a great thing for me to try this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look wonderful! I love lemon bars - thanks for reminding me to make some this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never made these, but I love them! I think I'll try your recipe. I've been wanting lemon flavors the last couple of weeks. In fact, I think I'll make a lemon cake tomorrow! (cake mix) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I must borrow your recipe! Many, many years ago, when I was a new bride, I found the perfect recipe for lemon bars. Through the years I wracked my brain searching for it! Argh.....so while reading your recipe and the post that goes with it, I think this is about as close to my favorite original recipe I had ! Thank you for helping me solve a little dilemma! HeeHee! Looks so tasty I am going to prepare these soon. Have a great week and again my pleasure to be here.

    ReplyDelete