This is what it looked like before I painted it.
I'd decided I wanted to paint it red with a white background. I went with a DIY chalk paint.
I covered the red with about 3 coats of polycrylic for a nice shiny smooth finish. It took me a while. Partly because our basement is cold! Partly because I just didn't always feel like painting! :) I also replaced all the knobs with some fun ones I bought at Hobby Lobby. I got the drawer handles from the Habitat for Humanity ReStore.
Here she is in her shiny new red paint.
There are a few disappointing drips (that you can't see unless you're really looking for them), but overall I'm happy with the way it turned out. It sure looks nicer than what I had before!
Next up, a new light fixture for overhead!
For more of the letter R, be sure to visit Jenny Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday.
Also linking up to -