Monday, March 4, 2013

Painting on Fabric

I don't know what came over me, but last week I thought it'd be fun to try to paint some fabric.  I love the art created by Alisa Burke HERE.  She draws, paints, sews, everything.  I've just always thought it looked like so much fun to paint, sew and just kind of be messy.

I have this bolt of muslin? fabric I bought at an antique shop last year.  It was only $10, so I bought it having no idea what to do with it.


Last week, I decided to try painting it.  I just cut & ripped pieces that would fit on my craft table and got out my acrylic paints.  It was a little scary at first, but as I kept going it became more and more fun.  I got out some Sharpie markers and drew on the fabric as well.  I decided I wanted to make some zippered pouches. I got to thinking they'd be fun to hold pens, markers and other craft supplies.  With that in mind I thought some "creative" quotes would be a nice addition.  I found several on Pinterest.


I worked out a pattern for my pouches and figured out which fabrics would go together.  I cut out the bags, then started cutting apart the remaining fabric so I could add "patches" and ruffles to the bags.


I gathered zippers and all the parts that I'd need and started on the bags assembly line style.  I found the black fabric with white dots at a local thrift store and decided to use that for the insides of the bags.


I've got two more to go and have ideas for more.  I suppose I should get off the computer and get busy!

Linking with Craft-O-Maniac Monday.

Project Inspire's Just Something I Whipped Up.

Between Naps on the Porch Metomorphosis Monday.

Sweet Little Gals:  Trendy Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. Monica, Those are amazing!!! Are you going to be selling any??? LOVE them!! Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! Where do you come up with the ideas? I love them! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out so adorable! You creative gal you! Love them!

    ReplyDelete