Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Smooth Move

We got a new blender for Christmas and I can't stop making smoothies.  They are so good!  I usually have one for my second breakfast.  :)  It fills me up till lunch time AND it's good for me!

I usually start with a handful or two of spinach, 1/2 - 1 cup of milk, a little bit of coconut water (maybe a 1/2 cup) and 3 or 4 big spoonfuls of yogurt.  I've tried plain Greek yogurt, but it gave the smoothie too much of a yogurty taste and I didn't like that.  I've been using vanilla and it's much better.  

I blend all that with the hope that the spinach will become microscopic!  (Wow, that looks really gross, but trust me.  It's good!)

Today I added a frozen banana, a small handful of frozen blueberries and a few frozen sliced peaches.  (Maybe a 1/2 a peach?)  

It rarely ever looks that delicious (especially when it's REALLY green), but you can't taste the spinach at all. 

I also have a few baggies of frozen fruit in the freezer so I can throw one together without having to get out a bunch of bags.  

Yesterday I tried one with banana, cocoa, coffee, cinnamon and peanut butter.  It was ok, but kinda different.  Do you have an awesome smoothie recipe?

Linking up to

1 comment:

  1. I love making smoothies. Great idea on putting the fruit in smaller baggies like that--I need to be better prepared. :-) Thanks so much for linking up at What's In Your Kitchen Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete