Sunday, October 23, 2011

Never Take your Kids Garage Saling.

Mike & I got up early yesterday to get Taylor to Cross Country and hit a few garage sales on our street.  The younger 3 decided they wanted to go along, so while I took Taylor, Mike took them to the garage sales.  When I got back we decided it'd be fun to get in the car and drive around looking for more sales. 

While we did come away with some fun finds, I can't say it was the best garage saling experience I've ever had! 

"She took it from me."
"He won't let me look at it."
"Do we have to go to ANOTHER one?"
"I just want to go home."
"I don't want to go to Eddie's Burritos.  I don't even like burritos."
"Can we go home now?"
"WHAT?!  I don't want to go to Home Depot."
"Can't we just go home?"

Let's just say, next time....you can stay home!  :)

Here are some of our finds.

A stack of fun old books for $1 each.

A set of coasters for $1.

A stack of fabric for .25 cents a piece.  I didn't notice all the pink before - I don't even really like pink!

This blue robe for $1...It's going to be part of my Halloween costume!

The girls wanted these hanging baskets for their room.  They want to spray paint it, then use it for little stuffed animals.  I think it was 25 cents.  (I can NOT get this pic to show up right!)

The girls found this cute little chest and decided right away they wanted to paint it and use it in their room.  I didn't even get a before before picture cuz they started on it so fast...and continued painting...without any help from me.  At all.  They did it all on their own.  I wanted to offer my "help", but they weren't having it.  I just had to walk away.  I'm sure it will turn out great.  :)

I know we bought more, but I guess it got put away before I could get a picture.  Did you really need to see a picture of the 6 foot putting green Joey just HAD to buy?  (SIX feet!)  Or the little outlet thingy Mike bought?  Or the Chinese Checkers set?  (It's actually a pretty nice set!)  Or the hand blender?  Or the Mushabelly stuffed animal?  Or...
the blue "flamenco" skirt & top that Haley just HAD to have??

Anybody else check out any garage sales over the weekend?  Do you call it a garage sale?  Yard sale?  Tag sale?






1 comment:

  1. I call it fun! I haven't gone in awhile, but I need to. There's a ton each week now...including the big community ones!

    ReplyDelete