Wednesday, October 7, 2009

AAADD

Oh my gosh, I should clean this desk! But first I should put away my coffee cup and cereal bowl. Oh, and look at the dishes in the sink! I better put this towel in the laundry room. Wow, I need to throw in a load of laundry! But first I should make sure I have a place to dry the clothes when the washer finishes. Maybe I should work on some Christmas cards and other crafts instead? But my desk is a mess and I need to put these boxes in the garage..........

KNOW THE SYMPTOMS.....PLEASE READ!
(the following was not written by me)

Thank goodness there's a name for this disorder.
Somehow I feel better even though I have it!!

This is ME all the way..............

A.A.A.D.D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden.
As I turn on the hose in the driveway,
I look over at my car and decide it needs washing.

As I start toward the garage,
I notice mail on the porch table that
I brought up from the mail box earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.
I lay my car keys on the table,
put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back
on the table and take out the garbage first.
But then I think,
since I'm going to be near the mailbox
when I take out the garbage anyway,
I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my check book off the table,
and see that there is only one check left.

My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Pepsi I'd been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks,
but first I need to push the Pepsi aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.

The Pepsi is getting warm,
and I decide to put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Pepsi, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need water.

I put the Pepsi on the counter and
discover my reading glasses that
I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote.
Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers,
but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.

So, I set the remote back on the table,
get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then, I head down the hall trying to
remember what I was planning to do..
At the end of the day:

the car isn't washed
the bills aren't paid
there is a warm can of Pepsi sitting on the counter, the flowers don't have enough water, there is still only 1 check in my check book, I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.
Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day,and I'm really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem,
and I'll try to get some help for it,
but first I'll check my e-mail....





Just keepin' it real.

3 comments:

  1. Oh! My! Word!

    This is so totally me! I am so spastic like that - every day!
    I've been told plenty of times that I couldn't work my way out of a bushel basket if my life depended on it.

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a comment I was going to post but ...I forgot! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I carry a notepad in my purse and make lists but always forget to either use the notepad or remember the list I made.

    ReplyDelete