Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Did it Work Wednesday

I have so many recipes & projects pinned on my Pinterest boards.  I thought it'd be fun to try some out and see if they really work.

I LOVE Dr Pepper.
and cookies.
and cake.

I thought I'd try *this* recipe for Dr Pepper cookies.  They sound super easy.


You just need:
1 chocolate cake mix
6-8 oz Dr Pepper
1 c chopped pecans (these are optional, so I'm leaving them out.  The kids won't touch them if I add them and the last thing I should be doing is eating an ENTIRE batch of cookies!)


Mix

Scoop & bake for 10 minutes at 350.

The recipe I found has a simple glaze of Dr Pepper and powdered sugar.  I had planned to make that, then  I decided to try something else.  I call it "DIP".  I mixed 1 c Marshmallow Fluff, 4 oz cream cheese & 3 c powdered sugar.  It came out pretty creamy and will make a perfect dip for fruit after I use a little bit of it on some cookies.

I tried a little of the "dip" on the cookies.
The cookies are alright, but a bit plain.  They also stuck a little to my pan.  They tasted great with the dip, but I think I'd go with the glaze from the original recipe.  Or even just a dusting of powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment